Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] About the Fluid properties

hello,

This has been a very interesting topic of discussion recently.
We are currently expanding EnergyPlus to different fluids capabilities, and developing " Generic " Fluid type place holder as you mentioned.

Fluid properties exist in code in energyplus, Water and AIr are inbuilt, property data for refrigerant exists in FluidPropertiesRefData.idf  in the DataSets folder. How to use them is mentioned in the documentation.

EnergyPlus will have steam as fluid type very shortly , refrigerant properties require pressure and quality to be defined across the system, this work is currently underway. The ultimate goal is to have a generic loop in which you select the fluid type and the loop runs on that.

Thanks, Rahul Chillar

energypluser <energypluser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to know how and where E+ uses the fluid properties for
calculation.
>From the example files, I find that there is no need for
user to input the properties of water and air, are those data bed in
the module of software?
Is that possible for users to define a new refrigerant and take the
place of water in the component?
how to add new fluid type into E+ ,and enable the routines to use
them for simulation.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT