[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: CO2 buildup control

Hi,

Yeah, I have everything laid out as you have specified below. The
file itself is uploaded in the Files section of the website named
AHU3_BenchmarkMetricMV.idf. The additions I made when trying to add
this object is:

* Mechanical:Ventilation object
* Reference to the Mechanical:Ventilation object in the Outside Air
Controller
* A list of two zones: "zFlr3MediaRoom & zFlr3CloseControl"
referenced by the Mechanical:Ventilation object

Have I missed anything, I have looked through the
HeatPumpSimpleDCV.idf example, but I cannot spot how my file
differs.

Kind regards

-Elmer

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "donbshireyiii"
<shirey@f...> wrote:

> Is Controller:Outside air = AHU3 OA CONTROLLER in a CONTROLLER
LIST,
> and is the CONTROLLER LIST name specified in the OUTSIDE AIR SYSTEM
> (Name:Controller list) used by the air loop serving Zone name =
> ZFLR3CLOSECONTROL?
>
> Look carefully at the example file HeatPumpSimpleDCV.idf to see the
> required relationships among these objects.
>
> If this fails to fix your problem, upload your idf file to Files
area
> of EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or send the file as an e-
mail
> attachment to EnergyPlus-Support@g...
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elmer Morrissey"
> <elmofuddly@y...> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for your help,
> >
> > I instantiated a ventilation:mechanical into my idf file?
> >

> > VENTILATION:MECHANICAL,
> >     MechVentController,      !- Mechanical ventilation object
name
> >     Plant Workhours Sched,   !- Availability schedule name
> >     AHU3 Serviced Zones,     !- Zone name 1
> >      .001,                   !- Ventilation rate per unit floor
> area
> > 1 {m3/s-m2}
> >      .012;                   !- Ventilation rate per occupant 1
> > {m3/s-person}
> >
> > However, I retrieved the following warning?
> >
> >    ** Warning ** Zone name = ZFLR3CLOSECONTROL in
> > VENTILATION:MECHANICAL object name = MECHVENTCONTROLLER is not
on
> > the same air loop as Controller:Outside air = AHU3 OA CONTROLLER
> >    **   ~~~   ** This zone will not be used and the simulaiton
will
> > continue...
> >
> > Thus, my mechanical controller is no longer working. The zone
> > highlighted in the warning IS serviced by that AHU so can anyone
> > recognise an area of focus to fix this problem?
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > -Elmer Morrissey
> >

> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "donbshireyiii"
> > <shirey@f...> wrote:
> > >
> > > In addition, see the example file HeatPumpSimpleDCV.idf
> > >
> > > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
> air
> > by an
> > > air