Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Strange Sort of Error

Based on my understanding to your last reply I took off the object Geometry Transform, because E+ ver 1.2.1 incapable of doing this sort of requirement. However, new sort of error turn up as follows
** Severe  ** Daylighting calculation cannot be done for zone ZONE WEST because an illuminance map point is less than 0.15m (6") from window plane ZONE WEST WINDOW
   **   ~~~   ** This is too close; check boundaries of illuminance map.
   **  Fatal  ** Program terminates due to preceding condition.

I have used the same Cartesian that i used in defining the zones, so the west zone have negative value in the Y-axis. Do you think this is the source of the errors.

Ali

Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have run across the error before. I hope you are seeing it as well:

Program Version,EnergyPlus 1.2.1.022, 4/11/2005 4:22 PM,IDD_Version 1.2.1.022
** Warning ** Sum of area times inside solar abs for all surfaces is
zero in Zone: ZONE NORTH
** Severe ** View factors not complete. Probably bad surface
descriptions in zone="ZONE NORTH".
** ~~~ ** Enforced reciprocity has tolerance (ideal is 0.0)=NaN
** ~~~ ** Enforced value is not within normal convergence tolerance
(<.0001).

** Fatal ** Singular matrix in LUdecomposition, window calculations

But specifically, what I think is happening here is the
GeometryTransform. I just found a bug in the compilation for V1.2.1
release. If you comment that out for now, you'll get onto the problem that
I'm now seeing in the V1.2.2 release (namely a reference point is too close
for daylighting).

That should keep you moving forward. We plan on the V1.2.2 release on
April 22.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list