Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Architecture and Passive solar systems

Yes, you can use EnergyPlus to simulate passive and active solar systems.
There are example passive solar inputs in the ExampleFiles directory.
Would suggest starting by looking at:
      GeometryTest (has a sunspace)
      MovableExtInsulationSimple
      PassiveTrombeWall

      Available next week in the 1.2.2 release will be CrossVent_1Zone  and
Transpired Collector

                      "Farshad Nasrollahi"
                      <nasrollahi_farshad@yah      To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      oo.com>                      cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject:  [EnergyPlus_Support] Architecture and Passive
                      EnergyPlus_Support@yaho         solar systems
                      ogroups.com

                      04/19/2005 09:54 AM
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Support

Dear all,

With Energy+ can I simulate buildings with different kind of passive solar
systems such as direct gain (window), Trombe wall, sun space and then
understand the amount of solar energy that they receive?
I want to understand which one of passive solar systems work better in
houses in the cold region of Iran and I want to know: can I do it with
Energy+?
If yes what thing can help me?

Thank you,
Best wishes,

Farshad Nasrollahi

PhD. student of TU Berlin

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to: