[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Maximum humidity control

Sam:

I see a few problems with the input data file:

1)  You have 2 temperature setpoint managers trying to control the
cooling coil air outlet node: SET POINT MANAGER:SCHEDULED [Supply Air
Temp Manager] and SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE REHEAT.  You should
eliminate the SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE REHEAT.  The way you had
it configured, the set point temperature for air leaving the cooling
coil was initially set at 13C (in summer), and then the 2nd set point
manager was resetting it based on the sensible load in the zone being
controlled.  Assuming you want this to be an air-reheat system, you
should eliminate the Single Zone Reheat setpoint manager. The SINGLE
DUCT:CONST VOLUME:REHEAT air distribution unit that you have defined
will take care of the air reheating that you need.

2)  For high humidity control, you are currently telling SET POINT
MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE MAX HUM that the set point node is the air loop
outlet node (Air Loop Outlet Node).  You need to change this to be the
cooling coil outlet node (Cooling Coil Air Outlet Node).  When zone
humidity exceeds your setpoint of 52% RH, then this manager will reset
the cooling coil outlet air temperature setpoint to a lower value to
improve dehumidification.

3)  You might want to consider changing the coefficients for your
variable speed pumps.  Currently you have them at 1,0,0,0: this mean
the Rated Power is consumed regardless of PLR.  You might want to
consider using 0,1,0,0 so that pump power varies with PLR.

Once you make changes #1 and #2 above, the controls work properly but
the cooling coil isn't able to reduce the supply air temperature to
13C (or lower if high humidity is detected) for certain hours. You'll
need to look at the cooling plant and determine why this is happening.
Maybe the cooling coil, chiller, or cooling towers are undersized.

Also, is there a particular reason why you are specifying all PLANT
OPERATION SCHEMES with control scheme "Uncontrolled Loop Operation"?

Don

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "donbshireyiii"