Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Two shades for a window?

EnergyPlus cannot model two "shading" layers at the same time.

If the exterior slats are fixed (do not move), then one approach would be to
model the exterior slats as shading surfaces.  The transmittance could be
scheduled if the slats are removed for part of the year.  This would be a data-
intensive approach.

Mike

On 12 May 2005, at 14:56, christian1855 wrote:

> Hello,
> currently we're trying to simulate an office building. The
> office has windows with an internal shading ( glare shield ) AND an
> external shading with horizontal slats.
> In the docu (E+ 1.2.1, Construction, p.96) there is the statement that
> a window can only have ONE shading layer. So, what is the best method
> to model this window construction with internal AND external shadings?
>
> Thanks Christian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links