[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Questions about EnergyPlus

Dear Allen

    As fas as I know, there are some third-party software which can
be used for the setup of buildings. But I am using the IDF editor to
input the construction of the building right now. I have no idea
whether the IFC to IDF converter will be helpful.
    Based on my experience with the software, I know how to
calculate the annual heating and cooling load of the building
without HVAC system, or let the zone temperture float without any
air conditioning. But the natural ventilation part, I really do not
know much.
    Wish this would help you

                                                       charlie

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bing Dong
<allen_dongenergy@y...> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am a beginner in EnergyPlus. I have several questions below. I
hope some helps from you experts. Thank you.

> Can EnergyPlus set up the building model directly or a thirty
party support tool has to be used? I know that now there is a
converter called IFCtoIDF, which is a utility for importing building
geometry from commercial CAD tools into EnergyPlus. However, it is
easier to setup the model in EnergyPlus directly.