Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] No Temperature Control

1.  SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE MAX HUM is placing a set point on node "AHU1
Humidifier Outlet Node", but the cooling coil contoller's control node is "AHU1
Fan Outlet Node".  The max hum set point must be place on the same node "AHU1
Fan Outlet Node".

2.  SINGLE DUCT:VAV:NOREHEAT will not modulate the air volume flow rate to the
zone for heating control.  It only controls for cooling.  If you want variable
volume heating, then use SINGLE DUCT:VAV:REHEAT with Damper Heating Action set
to Reverse Action.

I would suggest turning on report variables for "System Node Temp", "System
Node Humidity Ratio", "System Node Setpoint Temp", "System Node Humidity Ratio
Min", "System Node Humidity Ratio Max", and "System Node VolFlowRate" for key
nodes in the system to observe how the system is responding to the controls.

Mike

On 8 Jun 2005, at 10:52, civilnug wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> This is my first attempt at an idf and its not working out for me. I
> can't seem to get control of the heating and cooling coil. Its for a
> very tightly controlled gallery storage area, which is supposed to
> have an RH of 50% +/- 5%. I have put the idf into the problems folder,
> it's called, AHU1_AirLoop_PurchasedPlant_V1.idf, any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> John McCarthy.

> http://www.energyplus.gov