Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] indoor temp-dought

thank you micheal. one big question is solved. it was tested under unconditioned situation so it was not conditioned when i took out the temperature. as no one here has experience in cold climates everyone doughted a bug in the software which can never be with such a basic thing as mean indoor temperature. any way thanks

"Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:I do not understand the question.  If the spaces are conditioned with adequate
capacity, then the temperatures should be the same.  If the spaces are not
conditioned, then I would not be surprised to see the top floor much colder
than the ground floor due to the added heat loss from the roof and the reduced
heat loss to the ground.  I would suggest making sure the ground temperatures
being used are reasonable for soil underneath a conditioned building in that
climate.

(Sorry this was not answered sooner.)

Mike

On 14 Jul 2005, at 13:38, cdeepak_19 wrote:

> hello every one. I have a problem in energy plus. I am designing a
> building in a cold climate. it is a four floor building with metal roof
> for attic space.i am getting 15 degrees Celcius variation in peak
> winters between the mean indoor temperatures in ground floor and fourth
> floor. i dought the output is right or not. Please help me in this by
> saying if something is wrong and if possible tell the reason or tell me
> if it is right. One more thing i have no weather file so i have created
> design days to design the capacity of the system.
>
> Thank you

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Scheduling program software Construction software program Payroll software program Accounting software program Affiliate program software Program management software