[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: zoning problems

Hi Mike

My setpoint schedule for each zone is the same. And I compared the
heating load and cooling load for a heating month and a cooling
month. For the heating month, there is no cooling load at all. So I
am confused about the net load comparasion. The most weird thing is
that the cooling loads of two cases are similiar, but the heating
load of 9 zone with no wall is 80% more than that of 3 zone.
The heating load is the total load of the building.
Can you explain it to me ?
Thank you in advance.

charlie

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> (Responding to this post rather than yesterday's posts.)
>
> There are many reasons this could happen - differences in radiant
exchange,
> differences in thermal mass effects, differences in distribution
of solar
> gains, excess heat from the interior zone heating the perimeter
zones.
> Remember, if the simulation model describes no surfaces or mixing
between the
> interior and perimeter zones (in the 9-zone case) then there is no
heat
> transfer between them.  In the 3-zone case, there is convective
and radiative
> exchange between the perimeter walls and the interior surfaces and
internal
> loads.  A more valid comparison is the "net load" of the two cases
over an
> entire day or year (assuming the spaces are heated and cooled to
the same
> temperature at all times), where "net load" = Heating load minus
Cooling Load.