[EnergyPlus_Support] Chiller Coefficients.

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a large office building with central chiller plant.
This is the first time I am using EnergyPlus, and I am having doubts on how
to obtain coefficients for chiller model. I read the Engineering
documentation and I/O reference, but still not clear to me.

It is mentioned in the I/O ref that:

1) Temp Rise coeff = (TCEnt,required -TCEnt,rated)/(TELv,req- TELv,rated)

One question I have is how is the require value and the rated value
differtent, since both are supposed to have rated capacity. A change in
TCEnt,Req will change the TElv,Req also to obtain the same capacity. However
how do we know the relationship between TCEnt,Req and TElV,Req for the
entire range of operation. Am I missing some thing here?

2) Similarly for the coefficients in the capacity ratio curve, the
definition of delta T also raises a simlar doubt. How do we know the
TCond,in and TEvap,out for a simulation. Doesn't these values change over
the entire simulation?

It would be very helpful if any one could point if I am moving in a wrong
direction.

Shantanu

Thanks

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM