Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] power steps

There is no direct way to model this, and there are no examples of this.  For
some of these components, one could set up multiple coils in series with each
other, and additional units would come on if the upstream units were unable to
meet the desired supply air setpoint.  For reheat coils, this cannot be done.

Because EnergyPlus controls are ideal, even if there were multiple steps, the
controls would cycle the final step to attempt to meet the setpoint exactly.
So, I do not think this added complexity would have a significant impact on
overall energy use in the simulation.

Mike

On 24 Oct 2005, at 21:57, dust_broom wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to know if its possible to model a component like a
> reheat coil, humidifier or Dx cooling coil, having power steps.
> For example, a reheat coil of 4500 W working in three steps of 1500 W.
> If its possible, in which group is that option? is there an example?
>
> Thank you, Emanuel

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support