Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] RE: weather data

At 07:30 PM 10/25/2005, Wu Xuchao wrote:
>As per your instruction, I constructed the customized EPW file following
>the steps described in EnergyPlus Weather File Data Dictionary. One
>thing puzzled me is the Data Sources/Uncertainty field. Does EnergyPlus
>read it in doing energy simulation? How will it affect the simulation
>result? The second question is how to tell the customized file was
>constructed properly. Is it true that when WeatherConverter can read and
>convert the file, it would work properly in simulation?

My instruction wouldn't have included the Data Sources/Uncertainty
fields though the custom format does allow for "data source" to be
put in the comments field.  (and no, EnergyPlus does not use the Data
Sources/uncertainty fields in the simulation).  Again, using the
Custom Format is described fully in the Auxiliary programs document
and in using the Weather Converter program.

As to whether your file is constructed properly, I would use the
Weather Converter statistics to look at the results and see whether
it "looks" like your climate.  Then, yes, if it runs properly in the
simulation.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list