Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] zone set point with deadband

EnergyPlus Thermostats do not support a throttling range within the cooling or
heating mode.  They only support a deadband in which the zone has no heating or
cooling load.  The best you can do is to cool to 23C.  There is no way to
specify +/- 1C.  You are correct that you need a controller:simple, setpoint
manager:single zone cooling, and a zone control:thermostatic.  The thermostat
should use the single cooling setpoint control type.

Mike

On 17 Nov 2005, at 16:34, Clarice Bleil de Souza wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
>   I am trying to simulate a zone thermostat with 23deg -1deg, + 1deg.for cooling
>   only, as it is in a hot weather. I want this temperatre to be controlled by a
>   variable flow in my cooling coil system.
>
> To do this I suppose I need to define a "controller:simple" and set the ctrl
> variable to the outlet air temperature of the coil and the actuated variable to
> the water flow rate through coil. Then I suppose I need to specify the "setpoint
> manager" as "single zone cooling" and set the name of the node where the
> temperature is going to be set as the cooling coil outlet. Finally, I suppose I
> need to specify a setpoint for the zone which I can do in the zone control and
> thermostats. But the thing is the only way to specify a deadband in this group
> is by setting dual setpoint with a deadband, which would allow me to use a
> schedule with 22deg as the lower band and 24deg as the upper one simulating the
> effect of 23deg, -1deg, +1deg.
>
>   Can I use this setpoint together with a cooling only system? Or do I need to
>   specify a whole heating system and set all it's parameteres to zero? Is there
>   any other way to specify a setpoint with a deadband for the zone?
>
>   I thank you very much for your attention and hope hearing from you soon
>
>   Regards,
>
>   Clarice

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support