From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Clarice Bleil de Souza
Sent: Wed 11/23/2005 7:16 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Pumps working in parallel?

Hi everybody,

  I need to simulate a system with 3 pumps working in parallel and one of them in standby, but my chiller is in fact a purchased chiller. To do so I imagine I need to set an supply inlet branch with a pipe only as a component and connect it to a splitter. From this splitter to the mixer I have 3 branches with the 3 pumps in parallel + 1 with a pump in standby. From the mixer to the supply outlet node I have the purchased chiller. I know I can only have one pair of splitter/mixer per subloop so I suppose I need to use them to put the pumps in parallel. However, I cannot set a bypass branch for my purchased chiller because of that, so I'm not sure if this is going to work.

  Another possibility would be to transform the 3 pumps into an equivalent pump, ignore the standby one and build up a normal supply plant loop. But of course this would not allow me the same flexibilities to work with pumps specifications.

  Can anybody give me a hand on that please? I assume somebody has already faced this kind of trouble in the past.

  I thank you very much for your help

  Best regards,

  Clarice

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM