Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Interior window - beam radiation only?

This is just a reporting issue.  Interior windows transmit both beam and
diffuse that is incident on them.  However, all solar which is transmitted
through an interior window is treated as diffuse in the receiving zone.

Mike

On 20 Dec 2005, at 15:13, Linda Lawrie wrote:

> We have a CR posted on that -- it's one of the known issues for
> V1.2.3 -- in other words, we're trying to figure out just what can be
> reported accurately.
>
> CR Number: 6864
> Type: Defect
> Addressed In:
> Synopsis for Users: Most reporting elements are suppressed for
> interior (interzone) windows. We are investigating.
> Work Around:
>
> Linda
> At 02:29 PM 12/20/2005, Ian Doebber wrote:
>
> >The only window output variable for an interior window is "Beam Solar
> >Transmitted Through Interior Window".  Does this mean that diffuse
> >radiation incident on and transmitting through the interior window is
> >not calculated.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Ian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support