[EnergyPlus_Support] Crazy Plant Loop

Dear group,

We are experiencing big problems with a Heating Plant Loop. The system consists of two simple  boilers + bypass  with an intermitent variable flow pump.
On the demand side, we have 4 pipe induction units equipped with heating and cooling coils.

At the begining we had several problems with the HVAC max iterations warnings. Sometimes at the moments when the non-convergence occurred there were very big gas consumptions.

We could get rid of the warnings switching the boiler to variable flow and autosizing the coils.

While we were starting to think that life was beautiful we noticed that some zone heating coils were demanding heat (flow) with no heating load at the zone (summer period).

To avoid this energy consumption, we modified the availability schedule of the plant loop, setting it off for the summer period. This way the boilers are off but the pump is still working regardless of the plant schedule.

Now, we have run out of ideas. Can anybody suggest anything?

Two weeks ago we tried to simulate a similar system but with a GSHP. We had the same problem: the pump was running at the off hours of the plant loop. This problem can be easily reproduced in the GSHP example (just modifying the plant loop availabillity schedule).

So, is there any problem with plant loops? Or have we misunderstood any plant loop concept?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Angel Pascual
---
Sent via BlackBerry

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM