Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] about designday?

It appears that this question was not answered, my apologies for the delay.

Using extreme high and low temperatures is an option, but this usually results
in equipment which is larger than necessary.  The best solution is to use one
of the predefined DesignDay objects from the *.ddy file which is included with
each weather file.  The temperatures in these objects are from ASHRAE and are
based on a statistical analysis of weather data over 20-30 years.  Jan 21 and
Jul 21 are typically used, but one must also consider solar angles at other
times of the year and it may be necessary to add spring or fall design days.

Mike

On 21 Dec 2005, at 12:43, zbzfox wrote:

> Dear all:
> I wondered how to decide the maximum Dry-bulb temperature in Designday
> object. Is it the highest dry-bulb temp in summer and the lowest one in
> winter? And how to decide "Day of Month" object? Is it the
> corresponding date?
> Thanks a lot!

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support