Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Baseboard in combination with Direct Air did not work as expected

My apologies for the holiday delay in sorting out this request.

It appears that the baseboard control logic does not recognize that the zone is
in the thermostat deadband.  "Zone/Sys Sensible Load Predicted" is zero.  The
18C DIRECT AIR cools the zone, and the baseboard turns on to offset the cooling
from the ventilation air, seeking to provide a net load of zero to the zone.  A
Change Request has been posted to fix this problem.

You can accomplish the equivalent simulation using SINGLE DUCT:CONST
VOLUME:REHEAT instead of DIRECT AIR plus baseboard.  The SINGLE DUCT:CONST
VOLUME:REHEAT control logic does not have the same problem.  When the zone is
above the heating setpoint, the reheat coil is off.

I will send the equivalent test file using reheat in a separate e-mail.

Mike

On 20 Dec 2005, at 14:44, christian1855 wrote:

> Mike, Linda
> I'm currently model a office building. The zones have three
> equipments: a low temp radiant system hydronic, a direct air component
> and a baseboard heater.
> Now in the winter period sometimes the baseboard heater heats the zone
> even when the zone temperature is above the zone setpoint temperature!
> Now this is very strange. So I'll tried to track the problem down.
> I've simplified the model to a one zone model. This zone will be
> served with constant 18°C air via a direct air component and have a
> baseboard heater electric. This simple model has the same problem. The
> baseboard heater heates (at low level) even when the zone temperature
> is above the zone setpoint temperature!
>
> I'll upload the idf file:
> baseboard_with_directAir_setpoint_problem.zip
>
> Christian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support