Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] use in education

Hi Simone,

I have a three-year experience on teaching building simulation tool (TRNSYS) to
Master students in La Rochelle University, France. I think that when using
building energy simulation (BES) tools, you have to face two main difficulties:

 - first, building simulation involves knowledge of different part of thermal
transfers (conduction, convection and radiation) as well as knowledge of
building use (ventilation, people schedule...)... so you will have to face
student knowledge or ignorance on those points.

 - second, each BES has his own user interface which can be difficult for new
user at first sight.

The best thing to do is to prepare in advance a simple case (one zone only, one
window...) with very imposed conditions to let students learn how to use the
BES... then they can make their own project.

This is what I can tell you about my experience. Do not hesitate to contact me
again with more specific questions...

-- Marc Abadie
Visiting Researcher at Thermal Systems Laboratory - PUC-PR, Curitiba, Brazil.
Associate Professor at La Rochelle University, France