Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Holes in the floor with only convection

 If the two zones have similar temperature controls, it may be reasonable to
ignore these openings.

For convective transfer between zones, use MIXING or CROSS MIXING for a simple
model or use the COMIS airflow objects for a detailed model, but read carefully
the limitations of COMIS regarding large horizontal openings.

For solar radiation to pass from one zone to another requires the use of a
window subsurface.

(See also similar topic originally posted on 24 Jan 2006 and replies.)

Mike

On 1 Feb 2006 at 10:05, simoboninsegna wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> how have I to define a hole in the ceiling between two zones of the
> building? The hole I want to model (for example the stairshole) must be
> just a void in the ceiling of the room on floor downstair. The hole
> should termally affects the climate of the 2 rooms only by convection
> and irradiation.
>
> Thank you

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support