Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Simple Night + Day Ventilation

At 02:16 PM 2/1/2006, Rory Walsh wrote:

>Daytime 08.00 - 16.00  Ventilate at 3ACH if the internal temperature
>is above 22C.
>
>Nighttime 16.00 - 08.00 Ventilate at 2ACH if the internal temperature
>is above 20C.

Since we don't schedule the internal temperature max, probably the
best you can do with the current Ventilation command would be to make
it so that the design volume is x times (to achieve the 2ACH/3ACH
rates) in the schedule for it.  Perhaps you could use a combination
of internal temperature being above 20C for the 24 hours and the
maximum outside temperature fields to achieve closer to what you want.

Though it's not as simple and I can't advise on it (but others on the
list can), you might look at the Ventilation:Mechanical object and
what would be required to use that.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list