RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] double skin

There is an EnergyPlus example file "PurchAirWithDoubleFacadeDaylighting.idf"
which models the double-facade as a separate thermal zone.  EnergyPlus also has
airflow windows which are another approach to modeling a double-skin,
"AirflowWindowsAndBetweenGlassBlinds.idf".  The best approach depends on the
specifics of the double-skin design.  With either approach, it is important to
recognize that there are many inputs which will be difficult to quantify.  It
is best to perform a range of simulations, including an option with a single-
skin facade to be sure that results are reasonable.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx