[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Control Node Setup

Thanks for all the help.

John.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@...> wrote:

> Since you have 2 reheat coils, I assume that they are part of a
terminal unit
> such as SINGLE DUCT:CONST VOLUME:REHEAT or SINGLE
DUCT:VAV:REHEAT.  These
> components have the reheat controls built into the terminal unit
and do not
> require a set point manager or a CONTROLLER:SIMPLE object.  SET
POINT
> MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE REHEAT is used to control coils in the main
branch of an
> air loop, not in terminal units.
>
> To control dehumidification, the cooling coil requires both a
temperature set
> point manager and a Set Point Manager:Single Zone Max Hum (as
mentioned below)
> to override when humidity control is required.
>
> If this system is serving 2 zones, SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE
COOLING will
> not work, because it will control the cooling coil for only the
single zone it
> is attached to.  SET POINT MANAGER:WARMEST may be better for this
application.

> Mike
>

> On 28 Feb 2006 at 11:27, Richard Raustad wrote:
>
> > Try using the Set Point Manager:Single Zone Max Hum as the set
point
> > manager for the cooling coil. Use a Humidistat in one zone to
control
> > the steam humidifier at some minimum zone humidity set point and
> > humidistat in the other zone to control the cooling coil to some
maximum
> > zone humidity set point. You will also need to specify
TEMPandHUMRAT as
> > the control variable for the CONTROLLER:SIMPLE used for the
cooling
> > coil. You should also be using a Set Point Manager:Single Zone
Min Hum
> > with the steam humidifier.
> >
> > civilnug wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have a fixed flow system feeding two zones, on the air loop
there's
> > > a cooling coil and a supply fan followed by a steam
humidifier, I then
> > > have two separate reheat coils serving the two zones. In these
zones I
> > > want to control both the temperature and the humidity.
> > >
> > > I have a CONTROLLER:SIMPLE for each of the coils (1 cooling, 2
> > > reheats) and SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE REHEAT for the
reheats and
> > > SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE COOLING for the cooling coil.
> > >
> > > I'm able to get control of the RH or the temperature in the
zones but
> > > not both at the same time.
> > >
> > > Could my control nodes be the source of the problem?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > John.
> > >

> > > The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
> > > http://www.energyplus.gov
> > >
> > > The group web site is:
> > >
> > > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > > appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> > >
> > > EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open
EPlusMainMenu.idf and
> > > press the "search" button.

> > > Backup software program

t=ms&k=Backup+software+program&w1=Backup+softwar

e+program&w2=Maintenance+program+software&w3=Email+software+program&w
4=Wedding

+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Medical+software+program
&c=6&s=17
> > 7&.sig=28qN3sGcwWF911j7OnqOxg>
> > > 	Maintenance program software

t=ms&k=Maintenance+program+software&w1=Backup+so

ftware+program&w2=Maintenance+program+software&w3=Email+software+prog
ram&w4=We

dding+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Medical+software+pr
ogram&c=6
> > &s=177&.sig=1FZNh98D0Ht8QnMNfbG3TQ>
> > > 	Email software program

t=ms&k=Email+software+program&w1=Backup+software

+program&w2=Maintenance+program+software&w3=Email+software+program&w4
=Wedding+

program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Medical+software+program&
c=6&s=177
> > &.sig=pD1X5O_PBt00SkIKrscENA>
> > >
> > > Wedding program software

t=ms&k=Wedding+program+software&w1=Backup+softwa

re+program&w2=Maintenance+program+software&w3=Email+software+program&
w4=Weddin

g+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Medical+software+progra
m&c=6&s=1
> > 77&.sig=x6S7GFcuBa1Sq4_ZqCZ0Og>
> > > 	Cad software program

t=ms&k=Cad+software+program&w1=Backup+software+p

rogram&w2=Maintenance+program+software&w3=Email+software+program&w4=W
edding+pr

ogram+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Medical+software+program&c=
6&s=177&.
> > sig=wjmBspWizYl54SWucSUuxg>
> > > 	Medical software program

t=ms&k=Medical+software+program&w1=Backup+softwa

re+program&w2=Maintenance+program+software&w3=Email+software+program&
w4=Weddin

g+program+software&w5=Cad+software+program&w6=Medical+software+progra
m&c=6&s=1
> > 77&.sig=0a7BUpUe9NvS9Yit40hqPA>

subject=Unsubscribe>

> > >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of