Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Global horizontal solar radiation

Correct, DOE-2.2 and eQUEST were developed
by a private sector company using California
utility funding.

HEED is from UCLA and I understand that it
can read EPW format weather files.

HOT3000 is being developed by Natural
Resources Canada using the ESP-r engine.
There is a utility for converting EPW files
to ESP-r formats.

                      "ing.dallolio@xxxxxxxxx
                      " <ing.dallolio              To: "EnergyPlus_Support"
                      Sent by:                        <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      EnergyPlus_Support@yaho      cc:
                      ogroups.com                  Subject:  Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Global horizontal
                                                      solar radiation

                      03/15/2006 09:48 AM
                      Please respond to
                      EnergyPlus_Support

Dru,
You mean a private company used  DOE-2.1E to develope DOE-2.2 and eQuest ?
If I understand correctly they are working with California public money, I
mean they are working for California State ?
Anyway, I'm not really planning to use eQuest that was just a step to
convince a collegue to learn about building simulation with me. Is that OK
for that porpoise ?
What about HEED ( solar-5) or HOT3000 are they more "compatible" ?
Grazie.
Andrea.