Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Minimum Energy Use

Elmer,

Purchased air/heating/cooling is perfectly controlled,
infinitely available... I don't think that it's a good way
to do what you're trying to do.

ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2004 Appendix G contains
standard HVAC system configurations for various
commercial building types... and the definitions of
various parts of the systems.  Intended for evaluating
'above code' evaluations such as green building
rating systems.

Also the 30% Guide for Small Offices from ASHRAE,
IES, USGBC shows how to take small offices 30%
beyond 90.1-2001 (or ~ 25% beyond 90.1-2004).

Dru

                      "Elmer Morrissey"
                      <elmofuddly@xxxxxxxxx>       To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      EnergyPlus_Support@yaho      Subject:  [EnergyPlus_Support] Minimum Energy Use
                      ogroups.com

                      03/15/2006 10:49 AM           |--------------------------|
                      Please respond to             | ( ) Federal Record       |
                      EnergyPlus_Support            | (*) Not a Federal Record |
                                                    |--------------------------|

                                     User Filed as: Not Categorized in ERMS

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
       |                                                                                    |
       | If this external e-mail is a record and you are the first EERE recipient, click the|
       |           'File to ERMS' button in the toolbar to categorize this e-mail           |
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi all,

I want to predict the lowest amount of energy use that a building
would require (in essence? a benchmark) in order to control adequate
levels of thermal comfort in a space throughout a typical year. Would
it be best to use purchased air or should I use a dummy HVAC system?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind regards

-Elmer

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press
the "search" button.

 Backup software      Wedding program        Medical software
 program              software               program

 Cad software program Anti virus software
                      program

                            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

       Visit your group "EnergyPlus_Support" on the web.