Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Condenser loop

This usually means that the tower model is being asked to do something
impossible.  It could mean inconsistent temperature inputs or a bad flow rate.
Check the sizing output results in the eio file for components leading up to
the tower, such as the chiller condenser water flow rate.  Also check the plant
sizing temperatures for the condenser loop against the design day conditions.

Mike

On 13 Mar 2006 at 15:30, tonybaxterhevacomp wrote:

> Hello anyone,
>
> I am using a water cooled chiller, with a cooling tower.
> I get the error :
>
> ** Severe  ** Bad starting values for UA
> **  Fatal  ** Autosizing of cooling tower UA failed for tower PLANT1
>
> I have a Cooling tower and a Condenser loop, using autosizing
> wherever possible:
>
> CONDENSER LOOP,Loop,Water,LoopOp,AIR,80,5,autosize,0.0,autosize,
> Pin,Pout,Blist,Clist,DemandIn,DemandOut,DBlist,DClist,Sequential;
>
> COOLING TOWER:SINGLE SPEED,Plant1,PlantIn,PlantOut,
> autosize,autosize,autosize,autosize,0.0,0.0;
>
> PLANT SIZING,Loop,Condenser, 23 , 5 ;
>
> Could anyone help me please?
>
> Tony Baxter

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support