Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Extract ventilation

tonybaxterhevacomp wrote:

>Hello anyone,
>
>I wish to simulate a building with an extract ventilation system only,
>no supply air.  I have done this initially using ZONE EXHAUST FAN
>objects for each zone.
>
>Now I want to have a duct system connecting multiple zones, with a
>single extract fan.  Can I set up an AIR PRIMARY LOOP without any
>supply ?

No; every AIR PRIMARY LOOP is a loop, with return air, outside air,
mixed air, supply air.
Also, the air flow must be balanced. Thus whenever you exhaust air, this
must be balanced by
inlet outside air which is part of the supply air. So to use an AIR
PRIMARY LOOP, you would need
to set up the usual air loop but ensure there is no return air by
setting the min outside air flow rate
to the maximum in the OA Controller object.

Fred Buhl