Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: reg:indian weather data

The Indian weather data was sent to EnergyPlus in form of Typical Reference Years (TRYs) which were generated from actual measured data series from 1981 to 1992 (except radiation which was synthesized on the basis on MRM model). EP later converted the data to EPW format. The development of TRYs is based on long term statistical averages of Dry-Bulb temperatures. During this process there is no control on the year from which data has been extracted. This decision was made automatically by the statistical averages. I would suggest that data must be accepted as statistical representative of long- term characteristics of weather at the particular site/location. Therefore the data cannot be compared with any actual measured data for a particular day or hour at a given location.
  I would be happy to answer further quereis on this matter, if any.
  Best regards,
  Anil Misra
  New Delhi, India

Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The weather data sources are talked about here:
http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/weatherdata_sources.html

So, it may depend on your weather source.  You can look at the actual
EPW format which will contain the year or run the Weather Converter and
look at the Audit file which will also contain the actual years from
the EPW format.

As I remember, though my memory may be faulty, the IWEC data carries
the actual years chosen for the WEC data (WEC - Weather for Energy
Calculation).  Offhand, I do not remember what the ISHRAE data has,
though it too appears to be "TMY" data -- Typical Year.  We do not
typically accept a single year for publishing on our weather data site -
- those may be used for special calculations but are not usually
recommended for energy calculations.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, RAJ KUMAR <srajk76@...>
wrote:
>        Could you please clarify me about weather data for indian
cities?   is it TMY2 data (61-90) or data of year 1995 in TMY2 format?.
I saw weather files, throughout the days of year, it is mentioned year
1995 only, it gives me confusion.

>       If it is TMY2 data, can you tell from which year to which
year?, the data are analaysed for TMY2.

Linda

        Backup software program   Email software program   Cad software program     Wedding program software   Medical software program   Anti virus software program