Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Outside air problem

This should work.  In CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR, specify the desired outside air
flow rate for "minimum outside air flow rate".  This will be the outside air
flow rate when the VAV system is at full flow.  If you want this to remain
fixed, even when the VAV system flow is reduced, then set MinimumLimit to FIXED
MINIMUM.  One exception is if the VAV system flow is reduced below the
specified "minimum outside air flow rate", the outside air flow will be reduced
to provide 100% outside air at whatever the system flow rate is for that time.

Mike

On 24 Mar 2006 at 12:09, dust_broom wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am using the EnergyPlus to install a VAV system in a building with
> several zones and I need to fix my outside air flow value. I tried to
> do
> it in the Controller:Outside Air function but it doesn't work. The
> outside air value is always the autosized one (In all other components
> the airflow values are autosized).
> Does any one know how to solve my problem?
>
> Thanks
> Petra

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support