RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Wind speed (power law + profiles)

See the section in the Engineering Reference called "Local Wind Speed Calculation"--it is under the heading Outside Surface Heat Balance - External Convection (document page 37; PDF page 68).  The terrain type is set by the Terrain field of the BUILDING object.

The next release (version 1.3) has significant improvements that allow you to specify the actual wind profile power-law coefficients both at the building site and at the weather station.

-----Original Message-----
From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of sebastian.coene
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 2:48 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Wind speed (power law + profiles)

hi,

I want to know where i can find the wind profiles used by EnergyPlus
and the power-law equation that is used to get the actual wind speed
at a height refering to the reference speed given by weather files.

I need them to calculate my COMIS natural ventilation mass flows.

thanks in advance

P.S:
i am searching for something like pg. 10 in the pdf file on this link
http://epb.lbl.gov/Publications/lbnl-42182.pdf

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

  _____