Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] about double facade

Thank you for the input file.

1.   ** Warning ** Floor Tilt=0.0, much less than expected tilt of 180, for
Surface=GND DOUBLE FLOOR, in Zone=GND DOUBLE ZONE

These warnings indicate that the floor surfaces are upside down.  Reverse the
order of the vertices for these surfaces.  The outside surface of roofs and
ceilings should face up (tilt=0), the oustdie surface of floors should face
down (tilt=180).

2.     ** Warning ** GetSurfaceData: InterZone Surface Azimuths do not match as
expected.
   **   ~~~   **   Azimuth=180.0 in Surface=GND DOUBLE N WALL WINDOW, Zone=GND
DOUBLE ZONE
   **   ~~~   **   Azimuth=180.0 in Surface=GND SOUTH S WALL WINDOW, Zone=GND
SOUTH ZONE

One of these surfaces is facing backwards.  All surfaces should "face" out from
the zone.  If I am understanding your model correctly, GND DOUBLE N WALL WINDOW
should be facing North (azimuth=0).  Again, reversing the order of the vertices
will correct the problem.

3.  Add REPORT, Surfaces, Details; to the idf.  The Surface Details report
appears in the eio output file and lists every surface with area, height,
width, azimuth and tilt.  This report is essential for verifying geometry
input.  It is easiest to read in a spreadsheet program.

4.     ** Severe  ** View factors not complete. Probably bad surface
descriptions in zone="GND DOUBLE ZONE".
   **   ~~~   ** Enforced reciprocity has tolerance (ideal is 0.0)=1.9838
   **   ~~~   ** Enforced value is not within normal convergence tolerance
(<.0001).

I suspect this error is due to the backwards surfaces in the zone.  Fixing the
surface descriptions should correct this also.

Mike

On 21 Mar 2006 at 20:41,  wrote:

> hi all
>
>   i'm beginner of EnergyPlus. so please help me
>
>   Our zone is multystory. and we combine with double facade.
>   and When there is no window there are few error but when there are windows
> the error comes to us. I don't know what main error point is .
>   Anyone who knows that please give me the advice. i give you a idf file.
>
>   thanks in advance

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support