[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Ventilation sistem without return air

Thank you, Elemer,
Finally I found some time and run the model sucessfuly.
I develpoed model with variable speed fan.
I saw that EP model for heat rotary recovery unit does not use the
size of the exchanger.
I will make some optimization and find how heating coil influence
the efficiency of the recovery unit.

Thank you again.

Best wishes

Natasa
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elmer Morrissey"
<elmofuddly@...> wrote:

> Hi Natasa,
>
> Re Q1? You can see that you do not list the HEAT EXCHANGER:AIR TO
> AIR:GENERIC in any branch list. You use the AIR LOOP EQUIPMENT
LIST
> [...]
>     OUTSIDE AIR MIXER,
>     AHU1 OA Mixing Box;
>

> OUTSIDE AIR SYSTEM,
>     AHU1 OA System,
>     AHU1 OA Sys Controllers,
>     AHU1 OA Equip List,
>     AHU1 System Avail List;
>

> OUTSIDE AIR INLET NODE LIST,
>     AHU1 Outside Air Inlet Nodes;
>

> OUTSIDE AIR MIXER,
>     AHU1 OA Mixing Box,
>     AHU1 Supply Fan Inlet Node,
>     AHU1 MB OA Inlet Node,
>     AHU1 MB Relief Air Outlet Node,
>     AHU1 Extract Fan Outlet Node;
>
> You'll need to pretend that the system is a recirc system with
> outside air - ie a normal VAV system. You will need to set the
> minimum OA to the total flow rate. The heat recovery unit will be
in
> the OA system. Probably need to set MinimumLimit to Proportional
> Minimum in the controller:outside air.
>
> Read the documentation for `heat exchanger:air to air' to point
you
> in the right direction to see what you should assign to the
> setpoints you see below
>

> CONTROLLER:OUTSIDE AIR,
>     AHU1 OA Controller,
>     BYPASS,
>     NO RETURN AIR TEMP LIMIT,
>     NO RETURN AIR ENTHALPY LIMIT,
>     NO LOCKOUT,
>     PROPORTIONAL MINIMUM,
>     AHU1 Supply Fan Inlet Node,
>     AHU1 OA Inlet Node,
>     0.141,
>     0.141,
>     28,
>     16,
>     0,
>     AHU1 MB Relief Air Outlet Node,
>     AHU1 Extract Fan Outlet Node;
>
> HEAT EXCHANGER:AIR TO AIR:GENERIC,
>     AHU1 Thermal Wheel,
>     FanAndCoilAvailSched,
>     0.275,
>     0.86,
>     0,
>     0.81,
>     0.73,
>     0.76,
>     0.68,
>     0.81,
>     0.73,
>     AHU1 OA Inlet Node,
>     AHU1 MB OA Inlet Node,
>     AHU1 MB Relief Air Outlet Node,
>     AHU1 Exhaust Node,
>     370.0,
>     Yes,
>     Rotary,
>     None;
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards
>
> -Elmer
>

> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "natasamdj"
> <natasamdj@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Elmer,
> > Before few days I asked you about Heat Recovery in EnergyPlus. I
> > understood what you said to me. But still I cannot run the
model.
> > have some questions:
> > 1. Should HEAT EXCHANGER:AIR TO AIR:GENERIC be listed in the
Inlet