RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: ConvertESOMTR

Merid,

You don't need to change the "conv" line since there is
already a "conv" line to do Watts into kBtuh (an
abbreviation for kBtu/hr).

I would guess that the variable you want to convert
contains the string "elec" which means that the "wild" near
the bottom of the file is being triggered and is trying to
convert W->kW and then when it does not find one (because
you commented it out) it does no conversion. If you comment
out the "wild" line (with an !) that should work.

You may also want to move the W->kW line below the W->kBtuh
line since the first line for an SI unit is used as the
default.

I hope this helps.

Jason

On 4 May 2006 at 9:05, Aboye, Merid wrote:

> Linda,
>

> Made the changes you suggested. The conversion routine works fine now!
> Thank you.
>

> Currently, the ConvertESOMTR program converts "Watts" into "kWatts". To
> convert  "Watts" into "kBtu/hr" , I replaced the first "conv" command in the
> Power section as shown below. This resulted in an error and the program
> reverted to the "no conversion" mode. How can I make
> {conv,W,kBtuh,2.928751E-04,0}  the default conversion instead of
> {conv,W,kW,0.001,0}?
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>

> Merid

> ! Power
>
> !------------------------------
>
> !    (1 kW / 1000 W)
>
> !conv,W,kW,0.001,0
>
> conv,W,kBtuh,2.928751E-04,0
>
> !    (0.2928751 Btuh /1 W) * (1 kBtuh/1000 Btuh)
>
> conv,W,kBtuh,2.928751E-04,0
>
> !    (1 ton  / 3516.853 W)

>   _____

Jason Glazer, P.E.  jglazer AT gard DOT com  847 698 5686
GARD Analytics - http://www.gard.com/
1028 Busse Highway, Park Ridge, IL 60068
Building Energy Simulation and Analysis
Admin of BLDG-SIM list for building simulation users

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM