[EnergyPlus_Support] use which tools to create building geometry for energyplus IFCtoIDF, Designbuilder, DrawBDL or Ecotect

Dear all

I am studying to use energyplus. And I wonder which tools do you use to
create building geometry for energyplus. In energyplus website, some tools
such as IFCtoIDF, Designbuilder, DrawBDL and Ecotect are introduced. I try
them all and find for both IFCtoIDF and designbuilder, when exported to IDF
files, I can not recognize which object does the object name exactly
represent. I wonder if I can name the objects such as walls windows and so
on in Designbuilder or ArchiCAD, so that when exported to IDF files, I can
recognize them and it is convenient for me to revise them in IDF Editor.
Ecotect doesn't have this problem, but when exported to IDF files,
internal-zone calculation must be carried out. For complicated building, the
calculation will take a lot of time. I have tried five-story office
building. The calculation would take almost 24h.So for multifucion
high-rised buildings , the program is not seem very practical.

As described in website, DrawBDL can export geometry part of DOE2 input file
to IDF . But I can not find this function in DrawBDL manual. Can anybody
tell me how to use this function.

I would very apprecaite if you share your expenrience with me.

Yours
Nicole Chen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM