Re: [Fwd: [EnergyPlus_Support] Mass flow equation in AirflowNetwork]]

Kyung-hun:

Sorry for the late response, because my E-mail folders were crashed two days
ago.

There are two mistakes in object AirflowNetwork:Multizone:Surface Effective
Leakage Area in the Input Output Reference on page 601. The first mistake
occurs in the equation where the square root of air density is missed. The
correction equation should be:

m = ELA*Cd*(2*Air Density)^0.5*(dPr)^(0.5-n)*(dP)^n.

The second mistake is the unit of effective leakage area (Field:Effective
Leakage Area) on the next page. The correct unit should be m2, instead of
m2/m2. The program uses m2.

You may find detailed description in the NIST publication on page 144:

Dols, W. S. and G. Walton, 2002, "CONTAMW 2.0 User Manual," NISTIR 6921

I am going to correct the mistakes in both Input Output Reference and
Energy+.idd.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Lixing Gu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM