RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Storey multiplier?

Hi,

There are few ways you can deal with this.

I use zone multipliers for buildings with four or more floors for faster
run times.  The simplest multiplier is in the Zone object, just multiply
each zone by a factor of 10.   In EnergyPlus, one can also group zones
into a list and multiply that list - usually used as a floor multiplier.
See the tips for multistory simulations in the Zone Group object
description in the I/O Ref.

If you want to see an example input file of a model for 10 story
building, you can go to the new EnergyPlus Example File Generator and
request an input deck with 10 floors.   (These input files have three
floors with a single ground floor, a single top floor, and a middle
floor with multipliers.)

If you really want your model to have all the surfaces for ten floors,
then it is easier if you use zone relative coordinates, you can copy and
paste the geometry without having to alter the geometry values in the
vertices-just shift the zone origins.  You still have to work out unique
names and the other side surfaces.   But be aware that you'll end up
with some pretty long simulation run times going this way.

Brent

  _____