[EnergyPlus_Support] Flow rate problem of domestic hot water

Dear all

I set a domestic hot water object that is parallel to a fan coil unit. These two object are
served by a water heater. And I set the flow rate of the domestic water object equals to
0.001m3/s. While I use the autosizing function of EnergyPlus to size the fan coil unit, I
find that the maximum flow rate of the plant loop is equal to the amount of the fan coil
unit rather than that of the domestic water in the EIO file. Since that the flow rate of the
fan coil unit is less than that of the domestic water, I wonder why EnergyPlus does not use
the flow rate of the domestic water. During the simulation, I use a variable speed pump,
and the autosizing result of the pump flow rate is equal to that of the fan coil unit. When I
changed the pump type into constant speed, and set the flow rate of the pump equal to
that of the domestic water, EnergyPlus showed warnings about that the flow resolver is
unable to calculate the flow rate correctly.The warning said that the upper limit of the flow
rate is equal to the flow rate of the fan coil unit, and the flow rate of the constant speed
pump is bigger than that of the fan coil unit.
I want to set a bigger flow rate for the plant loop in order to increase the heating demand
of the domestic water. Since the temperature difference of the water mixer is around 8C, I
can not make the heating demand of the domestic water big enough based on the flow
rate of the fan coil unit.
How can I fixed these problems?
Thank you in advance.

mac.cz