Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Condensing Temperature Control

I am not sure I understand the question.  The chiller models use curve-fits to
establish efficiency (COP or EIR) as a function of chlled water and condenser
temperatures.  The equations are explained in the Input Output Reference and/or
the Engineering Reference, depending on the particular chiller model.

If you want to see this effect in EnergyPlus output results, you could set up a
simulation which is similar to the PlantLoadProfile.idf example file using an
air-cooled chiller and a fixed plant load.  Then model it with a weather file
or a series of design days and compare efficiency vs. outdoor dry bulb.

Mike

On 21 Jul 2006 at 16:29, Ashfaque Ahmed Chowdhury wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to investigate how the condensing temperature serves to
> accurately determine the energy efficiency or cop of aircooled chillers
> under part load condition. How can I model variable lower condenser
> temperature in EnergyPlus/DesignBuilder? I'm new in the field of building
> energy simulation.Can anyone help me providing some references.
> Cheers:
> Ashfaque
>
> --
> omissions.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support