[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Cooling Room Temps in Zone without the help of an AHU

Hi Brent,

Sorry, that was a typo on my part, I meant to say load larger than -
13000 W (not KW). I get the following error...

   ** Severe  ** Temperature out of bounds (-101.60) for
surface=WALL1
   **   ~~~   ** in Zone=TESTZONE
   **   ~~~   ** occuring in environment=LONDON - - - WMO#=- at
01/04 00:15
   **   ~~~   ** A temperature out of bounds problem can be caused
by several things.  The user
   **   ~~~   ** should check the weather environment, the level of
internal gains with respect
   **   ~~~   ** to the zone, and the thermal properties of their
materials among other things.
   **   ~~~   ** A common cause is a building with no thermal mass --
 all materials with
   **   ~~~   ** Regular-R definitions.

So this is why I'm abandoning that object and will look into radiant
cooling systems. What object would you suggest might give me a good
chance at getting decent control?

Kind regards

-Elmer

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Griffith, Brent"
<brent_griffith@...> wrote:

> It could be expected with a huge number like -13 MW.  Looking at
the
> code, I am not seeing any constraints on the value for power in
Electric
> Equipment.  But the zone heat balance calculations do have some
limits,
> I would expect it to choke if the resulting zone air temps go
outside of
> a reasonable range (something like -20 to 50 C).
>

> ________________________________

Morrissey
> Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:33 AM
> To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Cooling Room Temps in Zone
without the
> help of an AHU
>

> Hi Brent,
>
> I have tried using electrical equipment with negative numbers but
if
> I make the load larger than 13000 KW, then E+ throws up
unsuccessful