[EnergyPlus_Support] Heat Recovery Problems

Dear all

I connected a water heater to an IC engine for the purpose of recovering the exhausted heat.
When I was checking the results, I found something that I can not understand.
First, I found that the source rate of the water heater is much larger than the use rate. The
difference is around 12kW in the winter design day and 7kW in the summer design day.
I checked that the heat loss rate is around 0.3kW in design days.
Why are some heat missing?
Second, I found that the total heat recovery rate of the IC engine was around 28kW in the
design days. It is bigger than the source rate of the water heater! So the same problem
appears again: there are some heat missing.
How can I explain this kind of things?
Thank you in advance!

mac.cz