RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] GenOpt and the group simulation

I am not sure I follow all your questions very well, but here are some
general responses:

1.	If you are using GenOpt, then GenOpt would handle and run all
the parametric simulations and you wouldn't need to use EP-launch at
all.  You would probably want to set up GenOpt to launch a separate
batch file that will call EpMacro directly to process *imf files before
launching EnergyPlus.
2.	why rerun consecutive daily simulations at all?  If it is for
run time, note that EnergyPlus has to first do a number of warm up days
to setup the thermal histories in the building fabric.  You are better
off running consecutive days in a single simulation.  If it is for
reporting, then you could choose Daily frequency on report variables and
get individual values for each day that way.
	The point of using *.imf is build up *.idf files.  So, no, you
wouldn't already have a set of *.idf files.  They are created by
successive calls to EpMacro to process the *.imf files.

Good luck!

brent