[EnergyPlus_Support] Convection coefficient

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to understand better the detailled inside convection coefficient used in EPlus. I was reading the Input Output reference guide and the engineering manual and they both refer to the Flat Plate Experiment to set up the formulae for it.

Can anybody give me any tip about where I could find some further reference for this experiment in order to understand better where does the formulae come from? I've looked at the references in the engineering manual and couldn't find anything about the flat plate experiment there. I then did a search at Google and found a lot of information about the subject - there are several papers showing different aspects and different initial conditions for this king of experiment. I assume something specific has been used in EPlus and would like to know if it is possible to have access to it.

Thanks a lot for the attention,

Regards,

Clarice