From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ian Doebber
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 4:15 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Further Insight : Skylight / Radiant
Cooling Strange Behavior

Looking into the problem further today, this problem only occurs when
the radiant cooling system is on. When I turn the radiant system off
during peak hours (5-7 pm), the Window Heat Gain is ~10% greater than
the solar energy transmission. The radiant energy exchange calculation
between the glazing and a radiant floor surface should be evaluated to
make sure that it is not over calculating the exchange by a factor of
10. If this is a quick change, if it were possible to include the fix
for v1.4 great but I'd imagine that it would be too late for that. Any
recommendations on how to trick the program avoiding this issue would be
appreciated.

Ian Doebber
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Arup
901 Market Street Suite 260 San Francisco CA 94103
tel: 415-946-0292
fax: 415-957-9096
cell: 415-613-4314
ian.doebber@xxxxxxxx <mailto:ian.doebber%40arup.com>