Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Using 2D radiant slab calc vs 1D

>From the radiant slab expert . . .  Mike

-----

Yes, the 2D calculation should be more accurate than the 1D simulation.  The 1D
simulation spreads the calculated heat flux out over a plane which is probably
more appropriate for the resistance heating radiant systems. The 2D simulation
concentrates the heat source/sink on a line.  This is more representative of
what is happening within an actual system.  The 1D and 2D simulations will
yield the same surface temperature if the same flux is provided to both.
However, because generally the water temperature is similar between the two
models based on the plant controls.  This will cause a difference in flux and
thus a different surface temperature.  The 2D simulation is more accurate at
the cost of taking longer to calculate the conduction transfer function
coefficients that are needed to solve for heat transfer through the system.

-----