RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Natural ventilation

David,

You may also find DesignBuilder very helpful in this case. It is very easy
to define natural ventilation in DesignBuilder.

In DesignBuilder, nnatural ventilation can either be 'Scheduled' or
'Calculated'

*      Scheduled - the ventilation rates are predefined using a
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\DesignBuilder\Help\DesignBuilder.chm::/Nat
ural_Ventilation.htm> maximum air change rate modified by
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\DesignBuilder\Help\DesignBuilder.chm::/Nat
ural_Ventilation.htm> operation schedules. When using Scheduled natural
ventilation, windows, vents, doors and holes in internal partitions can be
modeled by mixing a predefined amount of air from one zone with the adjacent
zone by selecting the Model airflow through internal openings using flow per
unit area option and entering the typical airflow per opening area.

*      Calculated - the ventilation rates are calculated using wind and
buoyancy-driven pressure, opening sizes and
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\DesignBuilder\Help\DesignBuilder.chm::/_Op
eration2.htm> operation, crack sizes etc. Calculated where natural
ventilation and infiltration are calculated based on window openings,
cracks, buoyancy and wind driven pressure differences crack dimensions etc.

 You should generally use the 'Scheduled' natural ventilation model option
because it is quicker and easier to enter the related model data and also
because the simulations run more quickly.  However if you need to calculate
natural ventilation rates which can be achieved with a particular
configuration then you should use the 'Calculated' option.

You can download a fully functional 30 day trial copy of DesignBuilder from
our website: http://www.designbuildersoftware.com/designbuilder.php

Mahabir Bhandari

  _____