Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Hotel: Unitary + PTAC Node Problem

You are getting confused with the node names for the PTHP inlet/outlet
and the air loop inlet/outlet node names. You have connected the PTHP
outlet node to the air loop and direct air unit through a node list.
Keep the node names for the PTHP inlet/outlet nodes separate from the
node names for the air loop. The direct air unit is the zone connection
for the air loop, not the PTHP. See the example file for
PackagedTerminalHeatPump for connection details. I suggest you write out
all example file node names for at least a single zone on a piece of
paper so you can see the connections more clearly.

          Air Loop 1
    |--------|
____|________|_____
| Zone1    Zone1   |
|Supply   Return   |
| Node1    Node    |
|                  |
|            Zone1 |_____
|           Supply |    |
|            Node2 |    |
|                  |   PTHP1
|                  |    |
|                  |    |
|            Zone1 |-----
|          Exhaust |
|            Node  |
-------------------

PACKAGEDTERMINAL:HEATPUMP:AIRTOAIR,
    Zone1EPTAC,              !- Heat pump name
    FanAndCoilAvailSched,    !- Availability schedule name
    Zone1E_PTACAirInletNode, !- Air inlet node name
    Zone1E_PTACOAInNode,     !- Outside air node name
    Zone1E_PTACExhNode,      !- Relief air node name
    Zone1E_PTACOAMixer,      !- Outside air mixer name
    autosize,                !- Supply air volumetric flow rate during
cooling operation {m3/s}
    autosize,                !- Supply air volumetric flow rate during
heating operation {m3/s}
    autosize,                !- Supply air volumetric flow rate when no
cooling or heating is needed {m3/s}
    autosize,                !- Outside air volumetric flow rate during
cooling operation {m3/s}
    autosize,                !- Outside air volumetric flow rate during
heating operation {m3/s}
    autosize,                !- Outside air volumetric flow rate when no
cooling or heating is needed {m3/s}
    FAN:SIMPLE:ONOFF,        !- Supply air fan type
    1E PTAC Supply Fan,      !- Supply air fan name
    COIL:DX:HeatingEmpirical,!- Heating coil type
    1E PTAC DX Heating Coil, !- Heating coil name
    0.001,                   !- Heating convergence tolerance
{dimensionless}
    -8,                      !- Minimum outdoor dry-bulb temperature for
compressor operation {C}
    COIL:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical,  !- Cooling coil type
    1E PTAC Cooling Coil,    !- Cooling coil name
    0.001,                   !- Cooling convergence tolerance
{dimensionless}
    COIL:ELECTRIC:HEATING,   !- Supplemental heating coil type
    1E PTAC Heating Coil,    !- Supplemental heating coil name
    autosize,                !- Maximum supply air temperature from
supplemental heater {C}
    21,                      !- Maximum outdoor dry-bulb temperature for
supplemental heater operation {C}
    blow through,            !- Fan placement
    ContFanCycComp;          !- Heat pump operating mode

NODE LIST,
----1E Zone Equip Inlet,     !- Node List Name

DIRECT AIR,
    1E Direct Air,           !- Direct Air Name
    COMPACT HVAC-ALWAYS 1,   !- Schedule name for on/off schedule
----1E Zone Equip Inlet,     !- Zone Supply Air Node Name
    autosize;                !- Maximum air flow rate {m3/s}

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years