RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Confusion about Eplus output.

Sorry about the confusion.  If you added people objects with unique
names that don't match the names of the zones, then you will get the
behavior you describe below.  The table reports in files from the
example file generator are using a bit of trick where zone names and
people names are set to be the same.  It has to do with the "keys" used
to create the table reports.  The "trick" is used to get Fanger PMV
(key'd off of people names) and zone conditions (key'd off of zone
names) into the same report table.  (Another explanation is that in
older versions of E+ the people objects didn't have names so it didn't
matter).  If you don't care about the Fanger PMV number, then such a
report table could use the report variable called Zone People Number of
Occupants instead of People Number of Occupants.

It is difficult to say why you are having problems with heating energy
without knowing more about the system.  But a building can be cooled all
year with heating energy used for mainly for reheat.  You can see this
behavior if supply air deck temperatures are being reset warmer in the
winter.