RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] RoomAir Node Temperatures in Mundt Model

That is pretty much how the Mundt model works.  It is a relatively simple model that only predicts a different temperature for the floor air "node."  The single-slope air temperature profile from the  Mundt model doesn't work well for the top portion of the zone so the other air temperatures are basically the zone mean.  You are correct, the situation is as if the thermostat is in the return air.

I think 7 m is probably too high a space for the Mundt model (and there isn't another roomair model in E+ that would be better.)  I would suggest assuming a vertical air temperature profile for the space and then modeling the implications using the User Defined Distribution Controls.

________________________________

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of coutinho301272
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 12:43 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] RoomAir Node Temperatures in Mundt Model

Hello,
I am sizing a cooling system for a 7m tall industrial building by
simply using a purchased air system and the Mundt model for a
displacement ventilation air pattern. I am finding that the return air
temperature (Mundt RoomAir Model Air Node Temp) and the Zone Mean Air
Temperature are always about the same, i.e., close to the value of the
Coling Setpoint Temperature, despite the air temperature near the floor
being slightly above the Cooling Supply Air Temperature (T~20 C).
Could anyone help me in understanding this? Perhaps I am
misundestanding the Setpoint Temperature...
I guess that this result could be explained if the Termometer that
controls the HVAC system is located at the return air node. Comments?

Many thanks in advance.
José