Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] purchased and outside air

1.  Yes, infiltration considers latent gain/loss.

2.  You cannnot solve this.  That is why the warning is there.  Purchased air
is a variable volume device.  There will always be a low-load condition at
which the flow required to meet the zone load is smaller than the required
outside air flow.  You must use INFILTRATION or VENTILATION to add the outside
air load to the zone when using PURCHASED AIR for an annual simulation.

Mike

On 22 Feb 2007 at 8:38, lorenzomattarolo wrote:

> Hi I'm a new user
> I'm interested in determining the annual thermal and cooling loads, so
> I used purchased air.
>
> 1.
> I'm using infiltration method  to handle the constant supplied outside
> air.
> My question is:
> Does the infiltration consider the latent gain of the outside air?
>
> 2.
> I also tried to handle the outside air as part of the purchased:air,
> and not using the infiltration.
> I found this problem:
> Whenever the flow drops down the specified outside air flow rate, the
> system gives me error.
> How can I solve this?
>
> Hope to have been clear.
> Many thanks for your help,
> Lorenzo

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities. Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM